Wednesday, June 23, 2010

USA is TOP of Group C-AAAAHHHHHH!!!

It wasn't pretty but we made it through. Dashing Donovan made a goal off of an error by the Algerian keeper who was really tough the rest of the game in stoppage time. It was glorious!!!!

I went to Cape Point on the Cape of Good Hope this morning. A bit of a kufuffle on the pick up this morning the touring company gave the tour driver a street address for the dormitory but the dormitory sits a long way off the street and he couldn't find me. I waited outside in the cold for nearly 1/2 hour then I had to go inside which made it even harder to find me. Anyway, we picked the other 9 group members at 5 other guest houses/hotels and we were off.

First we headed down the Atlantic Coast and hit Camps Bay, Hout Bay and Chapman's Peak. Then we cut across the peninsula to Simon's Town and I had another look at the penguins. Got more wonderful photos closer up this time. The tour driver new of another spot so we got to see them close up.

Then down to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Preserve and the tip. It is wild and beautiful. Here's a photo of me at the point.












I need to crop the photos of the the other wildlife we saw so you'll have to wait until I'm back with my lovely Mac for those photos. I also saw whales and 2 submarines of the South African Navy.

No comments:

Post a Comment