Monday, June 14, 2010

Eight games down - 56 games to go

We're through first games for groups A, B, C, and D. The games today are Netherlands vs. Denmark, Japan vs. Denmark, and Italy vs Paraguay. Italy vs. Paraguay is here in Cape Town. It was a windy and wet night and the rain continues today. I wonder if they'll close the roof on Green Point Stadium tonight. It will be interesting.

My blisters are healed up and my leg is well on the way to a mend. Tomorrow I'm headed out shopping. I was going to try and go this morning but I forgot that transit virtually shuts down on match days so I'll stick around campus today and head out tomorrow. I also have to return my volunteer uniform (so sad) so I'll take care of that as well. I just have to decide if I'm to go shopping in Claremont or the Victoria and Albert Waterfront.

Hope it warms up before the game on Thursday it'll be a long wet walk to the stadium for Algeria vs. England. I didn't bring the camera out in the rain today so I'll load up more pictures tomorrow.

Germany destroyed Australia 4-0 last night. It made me very sad. Tim Cahill went out on a red card. Not two yellows=red but straight to red. I thought he deserved a yellow card but I know the Australian players were getting a little frustrated - the German players just kept getting them on the same plays over and over. It's nearly noon here which makes it 3 a.m. at home. The game starts in an hour and a half so I doubt too many west coasters will be watching which is too bad I expect great things from the Netherlands team. ¡Go Oranje!

No comments:

Post a Comment