Sunday, June 6, 2010

Finally Arrived

It was a long and gruelling trip but I've arrived. As it turns out my first lodging was not in the City Bowl as advertised but about 16 miles down the coast almost at Cape Point. It is on a hillside overlooking the Indian Ocean and actally quite beautiful. I'll have a much bigger issue when I go to move the University of Cape Town because it is such a long ways and I was really planning on a quick transfer by taxi. Oh well it is beautiful and I'm the only guest.

Dubai was incredible. SOOO HOT. It took my breath away when I stepped out of the enormous new terminal that was empty. The terminal was built just for Emirates Airlines it is vast. When I went back the next morning I was surprised to see it teaming with people.

Anyway, not much time today. I got my credentials and my uniform and will have my training tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment