Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Three more down - but I missed most of 1

The power went out after about 15 minutes of the New Zealand vs. Slovakia match, which was the first match of the day so I didn't get to see either of the goals in that match or the first 45 minutes of the next match. The power came back on for most of the last half of the Ivory Coast vs. Portugal match a draw at nil:nil. The New Zealand vs. Slovakia game was also a draw at 1:1. I read that New Zealand made their goal very late to tie it up.


I ate a Boerie Roll for lunch yesterday. Yummy! I highly recommend those sausages.


My trek to Green Point Stadium was a long wet one yesterday. It was raining hard and because of clean up from the match the night before the entrance that we had always used before was closed. So more than 1/2 way round the stadium to get on to level 00. I then had to find an elevator that had access to level 4 (volunteer center). I think I walk around the stadium twice before I found it-then there were no attendants and there were at least 6 of us waiting to gain access. We had a lovely chat while waiting. They all felt bad for me but interrogated me thoroughly to make sure that I was enjoying Cape Town. They all had recommendations for things I needed to do while I was here. They were all so sweet.


Here's my only successful photo from the night of the USA vs. England match. We were celebrating the equalizing goal by Dempsey at 40'.

No comments:

Post a Comment